There are a lot of variations of poker game. So, let’s read what variations they have and how they are played.
- Texas Hold’em: This is the easiest game to learn. But it has a whole lot of strategies which may take even lifetime to learn them all.
How is it played?
It is easy to learn the basics of poker games.
- The bets of Hold’em are known as blinds. Amongst the players playing poker, the one at the left of the dealer is called as small blind, and the one left of small blind is the big blind.
- Players are dealt two face-down cards, and the betting begins for the first round from the player who is at the left of the big blind. Every player playing can call blog blind, raise or fold.
- Then the dealer deals one card to each player and three face-up community cards in the center of the table. After that, another round of betting starts with the player who is at the left of the dealer.
- After that, the dealer again keeps another community card in the center of the table, and it is known as “Turn.” Then betting is followed, and another community care known as the river is kept at the center of the table followed by the last round of betting.
- Whoever still is playing the game will show their cards, and the winner is the person with the best
- Lots of action and has to offer unlimited strategies
- It can be played with friends, casinos or online
- Few people call it a volatile game and they don’t like to play it.
- The popularity of this game is too high and so as the play level.
Variations of Hold’em
- Crazy Pineapple
- Pot-Limit Omaha
Pot-Limit Omaha is a favorite poker game in Europe. It is played with high stakes and has a lot of actions. It has the second popularity in poker.
How is it played?
The POL is similar to Hold’em but has some differences that you should be aware of before you start playing it.
- Blinds are used in POL as well as five community cards. The rounds of betting are similar to Hold’em, such as turn, river, and
- The major difference is in POL every player gets four-hole cards. To make the best five-card poker run, you have to use two hole cards and three community cards.
- The other rules are similar to Hold’em.
- You make a lot of bluffing with four cards; it is full of action
- If you are familiar with Hold’em, POL will be great to try and enjoy
- Not so easy for a person who just started playing poker
- The calculation is tough in POL even for an experienced player.
- Seven-Card Stud
A few decades before Seven-Card Stud was the most popular poker game in America. It has been overtaken by No-Limit Hold’em and POL in a big way. You can try Seven-Card Stud if you like a slower game with betting limits. It also needs a good memory.
How to play it?
In Seven-Card Stud there are no community cards and is played under fixed limit almost always. You can easily learn it.
- The cards are dealt after the player pays an ante. They are given three cards, one face-up and two face-down.
- The lowest face-up card know as the lowest door is asked to bring in. For example, the bring-in amount is $5 if the ante is $1.
- If one doesn’t want to bring in, he or she can opt for complete. Then he or she has to pay $10.
- The betting goes on clockwise, and everyone can fold whenever they want, or they can raise the bet to $10.
- When the first round of betting is over, the dealers give another face-up card to every player, called as the fourth
- This time the bet will start from the player who has the highest face-up card and the bet will move clockwise.
- Again, another face-up card will be dealt with in the fifth street and then the sixth
- On the seventh street, the dealer will give everyone one face-down card.
- The best hand still in the game will be the winner.
- The game is easy to lean.
- If you can remember the cards that have been folded will give you an edge.
- It’s a slow game and gets boring
- You have bad eyesight or poor memory then it would be difficult to keep track of others card.
There are other variations of poker games. You can visit and watch Tournament Poker videos to learn about poker games.